Your Invisalign Elite Provider in Vero Beach, Fort Pierce, and Port St. Lucie, FL
Invisalign at Legler Orthodontics
Dr. Legler is an Invisalign VIP doctor or “Valued Invisalign Provider,” which is the highest level an orthodontist can achieve. He is the only designated VIP doctor in Vero Beach, Port St. Lucie, and Ft. Pierce! This is based on the fact that he has treated more Invisalign cases than any other provider.
Dr. Legler has been using Invisalign for 15 years and has treated hundreds of cases. As a board-certified orthodontist, his understanding and experience with tooth movement enables him to treat many patients who were previously told they were not a candidate for Invisalign treatment. These include extraction cases, complicated restorative cases that involve replacing missing teeth, severe crowding, deep overbites, and even some skeletal problems. In most cases, Dr. Legler can complete the same high level of treatment with Invisalign as he can with fixed braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear, plastic removable appliance system that places comfortable and precise forces on teeth in order to align them and correct malocclusions or bite problems. The Invisalign treatment system involves four key stages:
- Your teeth and bite will be digitally scanned using an iTero® scanner. This is a much more accurate and comfortable method of registering your teeth than the more common method of making impressions.
- Dr. Legler moves your teeth and adjusts your bite on a digital 3D model of your personalized scan. Dr. Legler’s 26 years of orthodontic specialty experience and board certification enables him to place the appropriate force levels, direction, and timing to enable the Invisalign aligners to successfully move your teeth and achieve the expected result.
- Your custom-fit aligners are worn 20 to 22 hours per day (removed at meal times and for brushing/flossing) and are changed every ten days in order to continuously move your teeth towards the desired positions.
- Following completion of treatment, retainers are worn at night to stabilize and maintain your treatment result.
Invisalign can take anywhere as little as nine months to, in some cases, a maximum of 24 months. Treatment time depend on the magnitude of tooth movement and the severity of the malocclusion. Patients are typically seen every six to eight weeks for adjustment and to receive additional aligners.
Why choose Invisalign?
The advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces make them a hit among Dr. Legler’s aesthetically minded teen, adult, and senior patients. These advantages include:
- Aesthetics, as the clear plastic is virtually unnoticeable.
- Since they are removed during meals, food particles don’t get stuck in the braces or wires.
- Hygiene is no different, as the aligners are removed for brushing and flossing.
- Invisalign is more comfortable than fixed braces, as the plastic aligners are smooth and hug the contours of your teeth.
- The Invisalign aligners do not affect speech.
WE ARE A DIGITAL IMAGING PRACTICE: PROUD OWNERS OF AN ITERO® ELEMENT™ INTRAORAL SCANNER
We'll Make a Great First Impression
The iTero Element Scanner is a state-of-the-art digital scanning system that eliminates the need for unpleasant traditional alginate impressions—no more messy putty in your mouth! With our iTero Element Scanner, we can digitally capture a detailed, 3D model of your teeth and gums. Not only is an iTero Element digital scan far more comfortable than the old putty-based impressions, but it’s faster and provides images that are more precise.
Why choose Dr. Legler?
It is important to understand that just like with traditional braces, Invisalign is orthodontic treatment and the expertise and clinical skills of your provider is important in achieving the best result possible for you. Since Dr. Legler is a board-certified orthodontist and Elite Provider for Invisalign, your treatment will be with one of the most qualified providers in our area.
To learn more about Invisalign, schedule a complimentary consultation at our Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce, or Port St. Lucie orthodontic office!
For more information on Invisalign, you can visit the Invisalign website.